Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

5th gen Sand Team.

Frostfur
    New Derp
    New Derp

5th gen Sand Team. Empty 5th gen Sand Team.

Post  Frostfur Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:30 am

5th gen Sand Team. 450 5th gen Sand Team. 530 5th gen Sand Team. 472 5th gen Sand Team. 579 5th gen Sand Team. 593 5th gen Sand Team. 205

5th gen Sand Team. 450 @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Toxic

Well, I needed to pick either Tyranitar or Hippowdon as my Sand producer. I always preferred
    Hippowdon > T-tar for reasons I don't know, so I decided to use Hippow. I went for a specially bulky set, because I wanted to last longer, and Hippows Defense is already pretty good and it also has a shit ton of HP. The Stealth Rocks is crucial for this team, as I need to get them up to help my sweepers, well sweep. Toxic for annoying pokés that don't like it, or if I predict a switch to cripple the incoming poké. Earthquake for STAB and so I'm not Taunt-Bait. Slack Off to regain HP so I can last longer, something that Tyranitar cannot do.

5th gen Sand Team. 530 @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

You can't really have a good Sand team without Excadrill can you? This thing is awesome. Swords Dance on a switch and it's gg. It's speed in sand with Jolly is 600+, so it can outspeed nearly every scarfed Pokémon. X-Scissor is for Latias' and Latios' and other psychic types. Earthquake for STAB and Rock Slide is for Flying types, which are immune to Earthquake and Resist X-Scissor. 252 Attack, to make it a beast. I used Air Balloon over LO or Lefties, cause I can switch in on an incoming Ground move, set up a SD and sweep. Also as a side note, Excadrill can't be paralized (Except for Stun Spore, but who uses that?) or Toxiced, which is awesome.

5th gen Sand Team. 472 @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 6 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Ice Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Protect
    - Swords Dance

My Breloom, Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Mienshao etc, etc, Counter. This thing is a B-E-A-S-T. It can wall many of the physical threats of the 5th gen meta, and with Poison Heal, it can't get statused, which is good for a wall. Earthquake for STAB, Ice Fang for other Gliscors and Dragons. Protect do I can scout and also get poisoned from Toxic Orb. And SD so I can do some mid-game sweeping. I gave it max speed so it can outrun shit and KO them and the rest of the EVs in HP to give me extra bulk. My team would fail if it wasn't for Gliscor.

5th gen Sand Team. 579 @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

My Special Sweeper. Since Reuniclus has Magic Guard, I decided to make it my Special Sweeper, as it's immune to Sand and entry hazards. I thought that the TR version of Reuniclus was shit at first, but after some testing, I absolutely love it. With Entry Hazards, this thing can sweep whole teams like it's nothing. Psychic for STAB. Shadow Ball for annoying Latias' and Latios' and Focus Blast for Blisseys ( Even though a Focus Blast only does like 30% to Blissey) and Ferrothorn. This thing can be incredibly hard to take down after TR is up. Max Special Attack for obvious reasons, and 252 HP for extra bulk. LO because Reuniclus doesn't take the damage from it, thanks to Magic Gaurd.

5th gen Sand Team. 593 @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 128 HP / 150 Def / 200 SDef / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Taunt
    - Recover
    - Scald

My Spin Blocker. I do need one, as my team relies on Hazards to sweep. Jellicent is pro. It's sooo bulky and it can take hits like it's nothing. I gave it some speed evs so I can outspeed other Jellicents and Ferrothorns and stuff like that, and taunt them. 200 SpDef for Special Bulk, 150 for Physical Bulk and then HP for over-all bulk. Recover for recovery, Scald for STAB and a chance of Burning physical threats. and Toxic for annoying walls and Specially based Pokémon.

5th gen Sand Team. 205 @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Spikes
    - Pain Split
    - Rapid Spin

My Spinner and Spiker. Forettress > Ferrothorn anyday. It's sooo much better imo. Because it gets Rapid Spin and Pain Split. Spikes for even more Entry Hazards, Rapid Spin for getting rid of Entry hazards on my side of the battle, Volt Switch for scouting and Pain Split to take advantage of my bulk and sturdy. I made a physical bulky one so I can take Haxorus' and Dragonites Outrages like a boss, and set up spikes while doing so. HP evs for bulk.

Threats:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Frostfur on Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Maribel Hearn
    Maribel Hearn
    The Owner
    The Owner

Title Text : Border Disruption!

5th gen Sand Team. Empty Re: 5th gen Sand Team.

Post  Maribel Hearn Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:35 am

"Ninetails- Excadrill / Gliscor"

NineTAILS!? .__.

Btw, you forgot some OU Pokemon in your threat list =P
    Frostfur
    New Derp
    New Derp

Post  Frostfur Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:37 am

Ya, Gliscor can outspeed and KO with Earthquake :) And They're only the threats of OU.

Post  Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:25 am

Excadrill is now banned.

Try to find a good replacement ;)
    Maribel Hearn
    Maribel Hearn
    The Owner
    The Owner

Title Text : Border Disruption!

Post  Maribel Hearn Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:14 am

tropical33 wrote:Excadrill is now banned.

Try to find a good replacement ;)

This.. is.. FUN COMMUNITY!

=P

Post  Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:07 am

Well, if Frostfur wants to use that team elsewhere... A problem arises.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:10 am